Real change occurs when we change ourselves, not try to change our partner. A marital therapy which incorporates differentiation of Self –when both partners are working on Self within the relationship—can create change quickly and naturally.
The solution is to grow. Life Work counselors are trained in marital strategies and techniques which effectively examine and transform the needs of the couple as an expression of hope, not surrender. The dividend is conscious engaged connection and compassionate loving.
Ask yourself these important questions:
- What fears and rationalizations do I use to hold myself back from my partner?
- What is the cost to my happiness, my family and the relationship of holding back?
- What might be possible in my life if I were to genuinely work on the relationship?
- What myths and beliefs do I hold about relationship that keep me frustrated from moving closer to my partner?
- What are my contributions toward the conflict in my relationship?
Life Work Counselors will assess and identify the core conflict issues of the negative interaction cycle in the relationship. Solutions that reframe problems in terms of feelings, needs and negative cycles will facilitate new behaviors and build on connecting with greater strength and understanding of the individual.